Friday, February 26, 2010

Kick Boxing is Kicking My Butt!


I recently signed up for a kick boxing class at a local women's fitness center and after 2 classes I am almost bed ridden. Apparently I haven't used my quad muscles for quite sometime, which surprised me because I have been running and doing lunges pretty regularly. I am so excited to have 4 days to recover before the next class. I told Tim on Wednesday that it is a good thing that I had to pay for the class or I would probably be skipping the Thursday one. I'm way too cheap to pay for something and not do it, so I went. It really wasn't so bad after I warmed up a little bit - but once again, today I can barely move. I was a little worried that I wouldn't remember the footwork from the class I took in college, but most of it is coming back pretty fast. I even got complimented from the instructer on my "football drill" - the one where you run in place as fast as you can with your feet out wide - the only thing is that I don't remember my "gluteus maximus" jiggling like that when we did the same drill in basketball practice. Oh well, I guess that is why I am taking the class in the first place :)

6 comments:

Will and Mandi said...

That's great, I didn't know you were taking those! You're going to be a buff mama!

The Yount Family said...

I have to do something to release some stress and punching and kicking the air is better than nothing!

Dawson/Dodge Family said...

Ahhh... I Love Kickboxing! The best way to release stress!

Jessica Potter said...

Ohh I want to do this really bad! I bet I could get some major tension out. I am too scared though.

Amber Bennett said...

That sounds like fun. you are going to be a tough mama.

Hogan Family said...

You go girl! That is a great stress release. I really enjoy kick boxing, but haven't do it in a while. I guess I better start ;)